| Foresight Home | Foresight Briefs | UN System Informal Strategic Foresight Network (HLCP) | Foresight Projects | Foresight Archive Resources |
UNEP's collaboration in the High-Level Committee on Programmes, Informal Strategic Foresight Network (HLCP)
Proposals for UNEP's collaboration in the High-Level Committee on Programmes, Informal Strategic Foresight Network:
- Environmental Dimension of Foresight. Monthly delivery of Foresight Briefs and related initiatives.
- Model-based strategy development, policy design and decision making for vulnerable populations at risk from COVID-19.
- Mapping of food systems outcome frameworks with SDGs to enhance policy analysis through systems modelling.
- Support for policymakers in sub-Saharan Africa to build sustainable and resilient futures post COVID-19 with the iSDG Model.
- The Environment and Climate Stress Index (ECSI).
Intergenerational equity is the concept of fairness between generations with the aim of ensuring providing the same or better quality of life for future and between generations. This is directly linked to strategic foresight which is anticipating the future, planning and preparing in a structured and systematic way for positive change. Considering the long-term consequences of our actions will determine what the future will look like. An in-depth look into various issues now, for example, the overuse of resources or causing harm to the environment, will help to positively impact future generations and promote a sustainable and equitable future for all. Intergenerational equity has become important in the work of the United Nations and the training ‘Futures Tools for Intergenerational Equity’ is available to promote this endeavour. For more >>