12.4.1 Number of parties to international multilateral environmental agreements on hazardous waste, and other chemicals that meet their commitments and obligations in transmitting information as required by each relevant agreement (Tier I).
The indicator refers to the number of parties (countries that have ratified, accepted, approved or accessed), to the following Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs):
- The Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal (Basel Convention);
- The Rotterdam Convention on the prior informed consent procedure for certain hazardous chemicals and pesticides in international trade (Rotterdam Convention);
- The Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (Stockholm Convention);
- The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (Montreal Protocol);
- Minamata Convention on Mercury (Minamata Convention),
Each of the reporting requirements are assigned points to score the indicator. This data is directly compiled from the Conventions