Click on a goal on the wheel to view goal related information
UN Environment is custodian agency for 26 Sustainable Goals Indicators, of these 10 are tier I and tier II and where data is reported to the Secretary General Global database.
Currently UN Environment reports data for the following tier I and tier II indicators:
- 6.3.2 Proportion of bodies of water with good ambient water quality
- 6.5.1 Degree of integrated water resources management implementation (0-100)
- 6.6.1 Change in the extent of water-related ecosystems over time
- 8.4.2 Domestic material consumption (DMC) and DMC per capita, per GDP
- 12.1.1 Number of countries with sustainable consumption and production (SCP) national action plans or SCP mainstreamed as a priority or target into national policies
- 12.2.2 Domestic material consumption (DMC) and DMC per capita, per GDP
- 12.4.1 Number of Parties to international multilateral environmental agreements on hazardous waste, and other chemicals that meet their commitments and obligations in transmitting information as required by each relevant agreement
- 12.c.1 Amount of fossil-fuel subsidies per unit of GDP (production and consumption) and as a proportion of total national expenditure on fossil fuels.
- 14.5.1 Coverage of protected areas in relation to marine areas
- 15.1.2 Proportion of important sites for terrestrial and freshwater biodiversity that are covered by protected areas, by ecosystem type
- 15.4.1 Coverage by protected areas of important sites for mountain biodiversity
SDG Global reporting:
We also coordinate our contribution of data and storylines on the SDG indicators presented in the SDG global reports.