Explore Environmental SDG statistics and trends
Explore Environmental SDG Statistics and Trends
UNEP is custodian agency for 25 Sustainable Goals Indicators, of these 10 are tier I and tier II and where data is reported to the Secretary General Global database.
Currently UNEP reports data for the following tier I and tier II indicators:
- 6.3.2 Proportion of bodies of water with good ambient water quality
- 6.5.1 Degree of integrated water resources management implementation (0-100)
- 6.6.1 Change in the extent of water-related ecosystems over time
- 8.4.2 Domestic material consumption (DMC) and DMC per capita, per GDP
- 12.1.1 Number of countries with sustainable consumption and production (SCP) national action plans or SCP mainstreamed as a priority or target into national policies
- 12.2.2 Domestic material consumption (DMC) and DMC per capita, per GDP
- 12.4.1 Number of Parties to international multilateral environmental agreements on hazardous waste, and other chemicals that meet their commitments and obligations in transmitting information as required by each relevant agreement
- 12.c.1 Amount of fossil-fuel subsidies per unit of GDP (production and consumption).
- 14.5.1 Coverage of protected areas in relation to marine areas
- 15.1.2 Proportion of important sites for terrestrial and freshwater biodiversity that are covered by protected areas, by ecosystem type
- 15.4.1 Coverage by protected areas of important sites for mountain biodiversity
SDG Global reporting:
We also coordinate our contribution of data and storylines on the SDG indicators presented in the SDG global reports. The yearly report contains Sustainable Development Goals Report and the Statistical Annex report. Click on each year to access report.